2015 Summit Theme:
Enhance. Empower. Employ!
Employment University, July 29
Full Employment Summit: July 30 - 31
May 2015 Member Spotlight: Derrick Willis
News: MACCDDS has announced a Call for Presentations (RFP) for their October 22 - 23rd , 2015 Annual Conference. The RFP and additional conference information is available on the Conference Webpage. The deadline to submit a proposal is June 1st.
Join the conversation!
Check out the new on-line forum now available on the APSE-MO web site, just click on "Forums" at the top of this page, then establish a user name and password to view presentations. Post a comment by clicking on "New Topic." The system will ask a security question before you access the forums. If you did not get an email notification for the security question answer or you have additional questions Contact Kathy Smith, APSE-MO Membership Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org
APSE-MO is the Missouri State Chapter of APSE The Association of People Supporting EmploymentFirst , a national organization committed to improving and expanding integrated employment opportunities, services, and outcomes for people experiencing disabilities. APSE-MO invites individuals with disabilities, their families, employment providers, funders, employers and others to join with us in making community employment a reality for ALL people with disabilities.
Through advocacy and education, APSE advances employment and self - sufficiency for all people with disabilities.
People with all types if disabilities are employed, pursuing careers and building assets, just like people without disabilities.
- We believe employment is the avenue to community and economic opportunity and independence.
- We believe people have the right and responsibility to control the direction of their lives.
- We believe in inclusion and the opportunity for full participation in the community.
- We believe supports and services should be of the highest quality, person centered, and delivered with a sense of urgency.
- We believe in promoting the involvement and participation of a diverse membership.
- We believe networking and leadership are key to advancing community employment.
- We believe effecting public policy to promote inclusive employment is vital
- We believe that community employment is possible for anyone who chooses to work