April 21, 2015
Jefferson City, MO
Featuring: Frank Alaniz - Workforce Development
Job Search Strategies for the Modern Job Market
Navigating a job market dominated by online applications, networking, behavioral interviews, and restrictive hiring practices requires a specialized skill set that most of us simply don't have... yet. Learn the skills you need to get past the hiring robots, fully utilize your network and that of your job seeker, ace interviews, and overcome objections through preparation.
Sound like a session you need to attend? The links below will provide you with additional information.
Join the conversation!
Check out the new on-line forum now available on the APSE-MO web site, just click on "Forums" at the top of this page, then establish a user name and password to view presentations. Post a comment by clicking on "New Topic." The system will ask a security question before you access the forums. If you did not get an email notification for the security question answer or you have additional questions Contact Kathy Smith, APSE-MO Membership Chairperson at email@example.com
APSE-MO is the Missouri State Chapter of APSE The Association of People Supporting EmploymentFirst , a national organization committed to improving and expanding integrated employment opportunities, services, and outcomes for people experiencing disabilities. APSE-MO invites individuals with disabilities, their families, employment providers, funders, employers and others to join with us in making community employment a reality for ALL people with disabilities.
Through advocacy and education, APSE advances employment and self - sufficiency for all people with disabilities.
People with all types if disabilities are employed, pursuing careers and building assets, just like people without disabilities.
- We believe employment is the avenue to community and economic opportunity and independence.
- We believe people have the right and responsibility to control the direction of their lives.
- We believe in inclusion and the opportunity for full participation in the community.
- We believe supports and services should be of the highest quality, person centered, and delivered with a sense of urgency.
- We believe in promoting the involvement and participation of a diverse membership.
- We believe networking and leadership are key to advancing community employment.
- We believe effecting public policy to promote inclusive employment is vital
- We believe that community employment is possible for anyone who chooses to work